Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik

Default A Day Without an Illegal Immigrant

(Doug Miller) wrote in
. com:

In article , "Joseph
Meehan" wrote:

The issue really seems to be the limit on the number or and time
allowed
for non-citizens to remain in the US. Many I am sure, do not wish to
become citizens. Many do.

This whole issue seems to center around two issues:

1. I got mine and I don't want anyone else to get theirs.

2. Fear and hate of all "Them" If they are not "Us" they are bad
evil

Not at all. The issue for most people I know is this and only this:
without *some* sort of control over who's coming in, we have no idea
who's coming here -- no way to tell the diference between Manuel the
Mechanic who wants to get a job, learn English, and raise his kids as
Americans, and Domingo the Drug Dealer, and Diego the Drunk Driver,
and Consuela the Welfare Queen whose only ambition is to have her
child born a U.S. citizen at taxpayer expense and then continue to
live here, again at taxpayer expense,

(and have her entire family then able to legally join her in the US)

and Jose the Terrorist who wants
to set off a radioactive bomb in Chicago, and Ahmed the Terrorist
who's trying to blow up Los Angeles.

One other that worries me is "typhoid mary",the infected illegal who brings
a new disease into the US.
Ellis Island used to quarantine those doctors thought were sick.
Then there's MS-13 and other gang members.

I have no problem with Manuel coming here. I welcome Manuel.

But I sure as hell want to keep Domingo, Diego, Consuela, Jose, and
Ahmed OUT.

along with MECHA and La Raza and all the other ones who want to create the
Mexican State of Aztlan out of the Southwest US..

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik