Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joseph Gwinn

Default A Sage in Christendom -- A personal tribute to Bernard Lewis.

In article .com,
"Andrew VK3BFA" wrote:

Joseph Gwinn wrote:
It's a long article about Bernard Lewis, a Historian and Orientalist
with great understanding of Islam. The most striking quote is this:

'The Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, which once translated one of Mr.
Lewis's books into Arabic, said that his book was "the work of a candid
friend or an honest enemy." '

http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110008313

Joe Gwinn

Wall Street Journal, 1 May 2006, page A14.

Thanks Joe - an interesting read.

Andrew VK3BFA.

I found it quite interesting too.

I recall some stories about a year ago complaining about Bernard Lewis'
unpolitic opinions about the politics of the Middle East, but I don't
recall enough to find those stories.

Joe Gwinn