Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

Default Dowsing

In message , Geronimo W. Christ
Esq writes
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I wonder whether dowsing can detect air filled cavities...

I think a better explanation is..."You know"...
You just don't know you know.

Fair enough. But how do you stop yourself from being bull****ted ?

If B&Q sold a magical crystal with loads of added paranormal whatsit
that magically stopped your roof guttering from filling with moss and
leaves, would you buy it ? Or would the bull**** detector go off ?

Which leads to the question, how do you sort out truth and fact from
all the random bull**** out there, and stop yourself from being conned ?

As far as RANDI goes, anyone who wants to win a prize, and
demonstrate his own veracity, is likely to be the worst possible
candidate for being able to do this stuff. High ego levels and
paranormal experiences are anathema.

This is pure emperor's new clothes stuff. Do you believe any old of
load **** you read in the Reader's Digest ?

What, you mean ?

no, it can't be

--