Posted to misc.consumers,alt.home.repair
Doug Miller

Default A Day Without an Illegal Immigrant

In article .com, " wrote:
Ahh you would pay LOTS more for all the things those illegals do.

And there'd be more jobs for American citizens, too. I have a teenage son
who's having a hard time finding a job to earn money for college because the
job market is swamped with illegals.

Like food....

Its not a free lunch.

Frankly I think we would be better off to open the borders completely,

Oh, yeah, *great* idea. Don't perform any background checks on anybody.

We have enough problems already with our own, home-grown thugs, drug dealers,
and drunken drivers -- and you think we shouldn't even *try* to keep the
Mexican ones on their side of the border? You're an idiot.

invite them in to work for companies competing with stuff from say
China/

At least that way the work is in the US.

Yes, but the *money* wouldn't be -- illegal aliens transfer enormous amounts
of money to their relatives back home, south of the border.

If you were somehow able to force every illegal out our economy would
clollapse.

Oh, baloney, it wouldn't either. Our economy is doing _just_fine_. Haven't you
been paying *any* attention? The numbers were just released a few days ago:
GDP growth for the first quarter was 4.8%, which is fabulous.

Maybe if we forced every illegal out, then _our_own_ citizens would be able to
get treatment in emergency rooms.

China is well on to taking over us market. Having a bIG pool of
immigrants willing to work cheap would help us compete.

That's fine -- but they need to come here *legally*, so we know who's coming,
and can keep out the criminal element and the chronically unemployed.

all immigrants to stay here should pay taxes and be required tom learn
english, the official us language..

You really haven't thought this through at all, have you?

With them coming here illegally -- or with the completely open borders you
suggested -- just how do you propose that we enforce such laws, when we don't
have any way of knowing who is here or where they are?

of course i think we should elminate the income tax altogether and go
the fair tax route, a national sales tax but thats a seperate issue.

if immigrant breakls the law, its instant deportation with a 5 year
wait to return. a second offense they are deported permanetely.

Think it through... how do you tell if it's a second offense, how do you
enforce the 5-year wait -- if there's a completely open border? You just
don't get it. The big problem is WE DON'T KNOW WHO THEY ARE. No way at all to
tell if they're decent honest people just looking to make a buck, or if
they're gang-bangers, drug dealers, or what have you.

Think out of the box, the box isnt our friend..

Yeah, well, you'd do better to just think, period.

--
Regards,