Posted to misc.consumers,alt.home.repair
Oren

Default A Day Without an Illegal Immigrant

On Tue, 02 May 2006 17:16:29 GMT, Robert Gammon
wrote:

Most of the folks that pick things like tomatoes, grapes, celery,
lettuce,...... are immigrants. Locals REFUSE to work these jobs.
Pushing the immigrants out would drive up labor rates for these jobs to
the point that locals WILL do it, but who wants to pay $2.50/lb for
tomatoes, $3.50 for a head of lettuce....

40 years ago "pickers" were called migrants .... traveling from Texas
to Florida during a season. Of late; (ten or so years) illegal slave
camps have been found in Florida. Migrants of those years (some) have
become land owners, be it small.

Oren
excused from saving Universes."