Posted to misc.consumers,alt.home.repair
Charlie Bress

Default A Day Without an Illegal Immigrant

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"dadiOH" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

I for one would
pay a little more money to support our own workforce.

But, who would get this extra money if we kicked all illegals out of
the country? Have you ever seen the backbreaking work involved in
harvesting certain crops? Would you want your kids to do that kind of
work?

Sure, a bit of sweating won't hurt them. I remember watching kids get
hay
in - tossing around 100# bales all day. That doesn't mean they have to
continue doing it...they could learn more, get better jobs, etc. Bet
those
haying soon learned they better stay in school...
dadiOH

A very smart past president suggested that ALL teens should spend some
time working the menial jobs, like cleaning hotel rooms, public bathrooms,
etc., and be rewarded with a little scholarship money in return. Good
idea, but the idea never grew wings.

A darn good idea. They should start by using politicians first.