Posted to misc.consumers,alt.home.repair
Ernie Klein

Default A Day Without an Illegal Immigrant

In article ,
wrote:

On Tue, 02 May 2006 06:58:30 -0600, KC wrote:

What would a day without illegal aliens really be like?

Social Security would be in serious trouble more than now without
all those illegals.

Every dime put on a bogus SS number is a dime the governmemt will
never have to pay back.

Doesn't come close to making up for the other costs to society. Some
emergency rooms in Southern California have shut down because they can
no longer afford to treat for free and the law prevents them from
refusing service -- so they close.

Also reject the idea that these folks are "stealing our jobs".
If some illegal, illiterate, non-english speaking Mexican peasant can
steal your dream job, a reassessmenmt of your career goals is in
order.

Not all Americans will go on to college, or graduate from high school
for that matter. A lot of these Americans used to go into the "trades".
Americans like my BIL. He put two kids through school as a journeyman
carpenter. Not much call for union carpenters in the home remodeling
market in the Bay Area anymore. Not with illegals willing to work under
the table, for cash, at far below union wages -- heck, often far below
minimum wages. My BIL law had to move to the midwest to find work.

I can't remember the last time I say a roofer who could speak English.
My daughters landlady just had her plumbing redone, by illegals, at 1/4
the cost of a union plumber.

So yes, illegals *are* taking our jobs. There are now, and will be more
in the future, school dropouts and high school graduates who will not be
able to find or compete for entry level jobs because illegals are
willing to take those jobs for very low wages. They work for low wages
because _they are illegal_ and because even the low wage they get here
is many times what they would get at home.

--
-Ernie-

"There are only two kinds of computer users -- those who have
suffered a catastrophic hard drive failure, and those who will."

Have you done your backup today?