Posted to misc.consumers,alt.home.repair
Robert Gammon

Default A Day Without an Illegal Immigrant

On Tue, 02 May 2006 06:58:30 -0600, KC wrote:

What would a day without illegal aliens really be like?

Social Security would be in serious trouble more than now without
all those illegals.
Every dime put on a bogus SS number is a dime the governmemt will
never have to pay back. Some baby in Arkansas has his 40 quarters 100
times over and makes several hundred grand a year, in 40 states but he
will still only get a regular SS check when he is old.
If they really wanted to find the illegals they would put the IRS on
them, not the INS. Those are the folks who can follow the money.
On the other hand, if an "illegal" is willing to sign up, pay all his
taxes and work full time, I am not sure why we shouldn't give them a
green card.
If we really think SS can survive we need a ****load of new worker
bees at the bottom of the pyramid.
Also reject the idea that these folks are "stealing our jobs".
If some illegal, illiterate, non-english speaking Mexican peasant can
steal your dream job, a reassessmenmt of your career goals is in
order.

Nobody is claiming that the illegal aliens are taking dream jobs. But
it's certainly reasonable to assume that they are taking some jobs that
could be filled by groups with high unemployment. Young blacks, for
example, have a very high unemployment rate. Not all these illegals
are working farms. They are everywhere.

the issue is still that high unemployment groups REFUSE to take these
jobs as cooks, busing tables, maids, lawn care, construction
trades...... Many of these head for public service, i.e. government
(police, fire, sanitation, courts) So it is not confined to
agriculture as mentioned above. The high unemployment groups have high
dreasm and in many cases disregard menial work, except where they fit in
with other members of their economic and racial status.