Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©®

Default More screwdrivers

Awl--

Apropos of the fairly interesting thread on screwdrivers on ahr, I
dee-clared that the 4,5,6-in-1 'drivers I was crowing about do not accept
the 1/4" hex tips for screwgurns, multi-tipped drivers, chapman's, etc.
The 4,5-in-1's indeed do not--barrel is too big.
However, the smaller end of the 6-in-1 *does* accept these std tips!
BUT,
the barrel is sorta deep, so you would have to put in a stop rod of sorts,
to get the proper tip protrusion for tips less than about 1.5" long. A small
screw would do. The longer tips will be fine.

The one carried by Nat Wh Liq is called Black & Sage--$2.99, iirc..
I got another one locally w/ a more cushioned handle called, iDriver--yeah,
digital.... about $5 or so. I'm sure dat "i" accounted for at least two of
those dollars.

Both quite acceptable quality, hollow-ground slotted tips.

Some 99c stores carry these, in an orange handle, but the quality is really
miserable. Much as my mission in life is to equip my shop solely thru 99c
shops, these just don't cut it.

BUT, the 99c red earmuffs are *just as good* as the $20 industrial
jobbies--did an A/B comparison. Then bought 10.
--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll