Posted to uk.d-i-y
Geronimo W. Christ Esq

Default Dowsing

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Geronimo W. Christ Esq" wrote in message
Harry Bloomfield wrote:

No, but I know of a very convincing person who has done it.

It's nonsense. What's the explanation for dowsing in terms of the known
laws of physics ?

What's the explanation for life in terms of the *known* laws of physics? Or
death, come to that?

Are you suggesting that we've reached the point where we know EVERYTHING?

No of course not. But there is an explanation for most observed physical
phenomena on earth. Dowsing is not an observed physical phenomena, ie it
cannot be demonstrated to work.

The reason why I asked the question is because the interactions between
physical objects such as wood, brass or water involved in dowsing are
generally very well understood.

You have to ask questions about these things. How do you stop yourself
from being taken in by con-artists if you are willing to believe any
theory they make up about anything ?