Loren Coe

Default The Maytag Man came by today

In article , jim rozen wrote:
that gets dry cleaned, and the last time a plumber was in
my house was about 15 years ago, when he added in a drain
connection for the washer. As a co-worker, I knew him
to be a top flight mechanic, and I didn't have the ability
to pour a lead joint in a horizontal run of pipe.

not to take sides, but Jim appears to know plumbing, at least
from a serious diys'r point of view. i plumbed a two story
home but made sure that the main sewer was brought into the
basement, terminated in a vertical joint. no big deal, but
you have to buy a "sleeve" to do horz., _and_ know how to use
it. i may still have some oakum, probably 40yrs old now. --Loren

ps. why is _everyone_ getting so lazy about triming posts? top
posting is a help, but at some point we need to give some thought
to those still using dialup. my 2cents.