Tony Bryer

Default Is it possible to cut music noise through wall

In article , Mickcant
wrote:
On the one side of my flat, the wall that is alongside
the next door flat is a 9" laid flat concrete block wall
finished with plasterboard spot stuck to the wall with
plaster. Is there anything I can do to my side to cut some
or even better all the Noise out;

If you could face the mess I would strip off all the
plasterboard and get the wall wet plastered (get the extra
sockets and wall lights put in *before* you do this). There's
more than a fair chance that the poor sound insulation is due to
poorly filled joints in the block wall which allow sound through

Free SEDBUK boiler database browser
http://www.sda.co.uk/qsedbuk.htm