Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home

Default Dowsing

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"dennis@home" wrote in message
k...

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

Yes, in a waking moment in bed I realised that I'd used the wrong word
and intended correcting it this morning. It was a well. She had been
told by a neighbour that there was one but not where, now she does.

I have a well in my garden.
I just need to decide where it would look best and dig it.
It doesn't matter where I dig, it will become a well.

Yes, but this was an existing one with a brick lining!

So you have now provided evidence that dowsing can't find water as it is all
over your property at the same depth as your well (the well wouldn't have
any water in if it wasn't).
But you claim it can find brick work.

Its far more likely that the dowser noticed the boards covering the well
than the dowsing actually detecting anything.

Anyway tap water is a lot safer.

That's another matter and not always true. Our daughter didn't want to use
the well, just to know where it was.

One of you has some sense then.