Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A Day Without an Illegal Immigrant

wrote:
The bottom line here is, we have become dependent on having a very
low-paid underclass available to keep us supplied with low-cost
vegetables, domestic workers, construction workers, and so forth. Why
do you think Reagan gave the amnesty? Why do you think Bush is
considering it again? Here's a hint: It has nothing to do with being
fair, nice, or welcoming the wretched refuse of some other teeming
shore....It has to do with assuring a supply of low-cost workers for
big business.

When people say American citizens won't do those jobs, it's incorrect.
What we won't do is those jobs for that kind of money.

Jo Ann

These illegal workers aren't as cheap as some people think they are.
Who do you think pays for their visit to the ER when they get sick?
Who pays to educate their children? Who pays when they have an auto
accident and no insurance? Most of them are getting paid cash, off the
books, so they don't pay taxes, it's the rest of us footing the bill
for the above. Factor that in, and they aren't so cheap.