Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik

Default A Day Without an Illegal Immigrant

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
My my. Who said they would not need to go though a process to
obtain
citizenship?

The issue really seems to be the limit on the number or and time
allowed for non-citizens to remain in the US. Many I am sure, do not
wish to become citizens. Many do.

One of the problems is so much mis-information. Amnesty? Send them
all home? Work permits? Free ride? Jail?

Reagan granted amnesty back in 1986,and after that the floodgates
opened;after all,one could expect another amnesty(and here we are again
considering it!!).
Reagan promised strict enforcement of illegal immigration after the
amnesty,and that was dropped immediately. We *rewarded* their illegal act
of "immigration" and of course got much more of it.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik