jim rozen

Default The Maytag Man came by today

In article , Gunner says...

Still havent answered my question. Talk about obtuse. Now..I wonder,
if your dry cleaner is your shill corporation, as is your plumber...

Ha ha ha. *Now* who's out of touch? I don't own anything
that gets dry cleaned, and the last time a plumber was in
my house was about 15 years ago, when he added in a drain
connection for the washer. As a co-worker, I knew him
to be a top flight mechanic, and I didn't have the ability
to pour a lead joint in a horizontal run of pipe.

I did buy some fitting as home depot today - but huh,
there seems to be nothing in the news about *them*
hiring undocumented workers. If there were, I think
I would reconsider my patronage.

...if you think its a
conspriatorial problem with Walmart..

No. Nobody said "conspiracy" except you. I was
saying, "economic advantage." Basically walmart
is performing every dirty trick in the book to
drive out the competition and maximize profits.

That's fine, but why not simply have walmart employees
pickpocket the customers while they're in the store?
That would increase the profit too. Why don't they
do that?

B E C A U S E I T ' S A G A I N S T T H E L A W.

So is hiring undocumented workes and not paying them
ss, workers comp, and taxes. This will work its way
throught the courts and walmart will get its pee-pee
whacked a few times, and they'll be more careful
in the future.

You are a drove?

LOL.

Vet each of them for a green card? Walmart is guilty of **** worker
employee relations, and thats a fact. However..no one is shackled to
their work area.

What do you do if you need the job, and they
say, hey, ya gotta stay an extra hour after
the clock, to do xyz. Shackling or not?
Is that what it takes before you say, hey,
this ain't right?

Or would you waffle and say, well, they're
getting paid, right? They should put up
with shackles a bit.

Funny story, the labor department pushed through
a rule about requiring a certain number of bathrooms
for per headcount in plants. There was a pretty
big furor when it was realized that the companies
*put* the bathrooms in, but did not allow the
workers time to use them.

But hey, they were obeying the letter of the law!

Yup..its called free market capitalism, and undercutting the
competition. If they do it illegally, they should be prosecuted. If
they tread the line..not much anyone can do.

Until they step over. Did they? Time will tell.
As for me, I would rather not tread the line, and
will continute to keep my droves as far away as
possible. I'm of a simpler persuasion, the terms
'smoke' and 'fire' are tightly coupled in my
mind. There's a lot of smoke around walmart at
the moment.

And more businesses need to fight them. But never loose track of the
fact prices will always dictate whom sells and whom goes tits up.

Price, yes. But I still buy my redwing boots at the local store,
even if they cost more than cheapistan ones. They fit better,
they last longer, and they can be re-soled. It's not
*just* about sticker price.

Jim

please reply to: