Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

Default Dowsing

wrote in message
oups.com...

Mary Fisher wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
If dowsing worked it would be a very valuable skill - for ordinary
purposes such as finding water pipes etc let alone the exotic such as
finding gold, buried treasure and so on. So any dowser could earn a
bomb. In which case they would advertise their services. There aren't
any in the yellow pages. There aren't any (convincing) on the net.
Where are they? The answer is that there aren't any - it doesn't work.
However there many service industries who regularly need to search for
pipes. cables etc etc. They don't use dowsers.

You know that? You know that none of them uses dowsers?

You're wrong.

I researched it in some detail years ago when looking for a well where
we lived in Wales. We actually used a recommended local dowser who did
a convincing demo with dipping twigs etc. He chose the same place for
the well that I had already guessed as suitable by virtue of location,
greener grass etc. We also asked a local 'water engineer' who suggested
an even better place for a well, which we eventually used. He was very
rude about dowsers.
We asked the water board for advice also. They said that wells or
boreholes were obtainable virtually everywhere if you dug deep enough
into 'the shales and flags of the Upper Wenlock' - so we all would have
been right.
Since then I have made a point of asking any water/gas/drainage worker
I have encountered if they would use dowsers and they all said of
course not.
There are 'dowsers' on the net if you google but they are obviously
new-age fruitcakes to a man!
I'm interested in the subject because I'm interested in why people
believe nonsense such as homeopathy, santa claus, fairies, etc etc. and
God of course.
It's important because modern politics such as the Iraq war is driven
by Bush and Blair both believers in dangerous religious nonsense.
Dowsing and all that crap is the thin end of a big dangerous wedge!

cheers

Jacob

Your beliefs are as valido as those of the rest of us.

Mary