Posted to uk.d-i-y
tonyjeffs

Default DIY Fitting Gas Combi (condensing?) Boiler

Thanks All, and thanks Norwegionblue for checking with CORGI, something
i should've done. I thought (incorrectly) that they would give an
inaccurate and biased answer.

Quotes I've had:
I pointed out the proposed position of the new kitchen sink, asking
that they include water points in the quote. I don't think any of them
picked up on the possibility that the boiler might be too close to the
sink. Am I correct in thinking it must be a min of 600mm away from
any metal part of the sink & drainer.
(hypothetically, perhaps they wouldn't be technically in breach, since
the sink won't be there at the time of installation.)

I have asked for a few more quotes - and if I get a reasonable one, I
will scrap my diy plans.
I have also contacted Building Control.
They at first said I needed to contact a CORGI reg'd fitter, but
accepted my explanation and are sending me the appropriate forms.

It will be very interesting to do it myself, not just the job, but also
the legal side. It'd be a good example case for this group, and useful
to others with the same project in mind.

tony