Gunner

Default The Maytag Man came by today

On 16 Nov 2003 08:58:15 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

You still havent answered the question. When did Wally World hire
illegals?

You are being deliberately dense. Of *course* they
throw up their hands and say, "we had NO idea..."
but this has been going on for years. They're
hiring the folks through a shill corporation, they
know it and always have.

Still havent answered my question. Talk about obtuse. Now..I wonder,
if your dry cleaner is your shill corporation, as is your plumber...

What practice? So..if you know the kid working behind the counter at
the 7-11 is a wet, are you going to turn around and leave, or are you
gonna get your soda and hotdog anyways?

The practice of hiring after-hours cleaning crews that
are illegals. The public never sees these folks, they
work after hours. Look there are plenty of companies
out there that *don't* 'look the other way' and why
should wal-mart get a market advantage by shorting the
taxes and worker's comp? The the other big box stores
will say 'hey, we have to do this, too, to compete!'

Hell man..every low end manual labor entensive company in the US uses
illegal or questionable labor. Economic fact of life. I dont like it,
and would like to see the borders sealed..but if you think its a
conspriatorial problem with Walmart..we need to discuss the Kennedy
assascination....

And to answer your personal question, I've been doing my
damndest to stay away, in droves, to walmart lately.

You are a drove? hummmm how many in a drove anyway? Now about that wet
behind the counter at 7-11, or Starbucks, or.....

First it was the enforced, unpaid overtime for their
workers. Now this. Yep, I've been buying my motor
oil in a more 'local' store - which was about the
only thing I ever bought there.

Vet each of them for a green card? Walmart is guilty of **** worker
employee relations, and thats a fact. However..no one is shackled to
their work area.

The big push now for walmart is to edge into the grocery
market. They figure with all the advantages they get
from unpaid overtime, and illegal workers, they can
squeeze more profit out of the 'real' grocery stores,
that pay their workers more.

Yup..its called free market capitalism, and undercutting the
competition. If they do it illegally, they should be prosecuted. If
they tread the line..not much anyone can do.

As a famous person once said, shrug.

I see it happening. I don't like it. I try to
avoid buying anything there, and I would tell folks
to try to prevent that corporation from invading
their town if a store like that was planned.

Good man. When Kmart came in to my small town, it killed the vast
majority of small hardware/sporting goods/clothing stores. Shrug..but
the little guys were so over priced, folks were driving to
Bakersfield, 40 miles away, anyways. Btw...no wets working in the
local store. Just regular poor white trash like me.

Some locations have succssfully resisted walmarification
in the past, and the corporation has started a touchy
feely PR campaign to try to combat that kind of initiative.

Jim

And more businesses need to fight them. But never loose track of the
fact prices will always dictate whom sells and whom goes tits up.

Gunner

================================================= =
please reply to:
================================================= =

"The Democratic Party is the party of this popular corruption.
The heart of the Democratic Party and its activist core is
made up of government unions, government dependent professions
(teachers, social workers, civil servants); special interest and
special benefits groups (abortion rights, is a good example) that
feed off the government trough; and ethnic constituencies, African Americans
being the most prominent, who are disproportionately invested in government jobs
and in programs that government provides.

" The Democratic Party credo is 'Take as much of the people's money as politically feasible,
and use that money to buy as many of the people's votes as possible'.
Tax cuts are a threat to this Democratic agenda.
Consequently, Democrats loathe and despise them." -Semi-reformed Leftist David Horowitz