jim rozen

Default The Maytag Man came by today

In article , Gunner says...

You still havent answered the question. When did Wally World hire
illegals?

You are being deliberately dense. Of *course* they
throw up their hands and say, "we had NO idea..."
but this has been going on for years. They're
hiring the folks through a shill corporation, they
know it and always have.

What practice? So..if you know the kid working behind the counter at
the 7-11 is a wet, are you going to turn around and leave, or are you
gonna get your soda and hotdog anyways?

The practice of hiring after-hours cleaning crews that
are illegals. The public never sees these folks, they
work after hours. Look there are plenty of companies
out there that *don't* 'look the other way' and why
should wal-mart get a market advantage by shorting the
taxes and worker's comp? The the other big box stores
will say 'hey, we have to do this, too, to compete!'

And to answer your personal question, I've been doing my
damndest to stay away, in droves, to walmart lately.

First it was the enforced, unpaid overtime for their
workers. Now this. Yep, I've been buying my motor
oil in a more 'local' store - which was about the
only thing I ever bought there.

The big push now for walmart is to edge into the grocery
market. They figure with all the advantages they get
from unpaid overtime, and illegal workers, they can
squeeze more profit out of the 'real' grocery stores,
that pay their workers more.

As a famous person once said, shrug.

I see it happening. I don't like it. I try to
avoid buying anything there, and I would tell folks
to try to prevent that corporation from invading
their town if a store like that was planned.

Some locations have succssfully resisted walmarification
in the past, and the corporation has started a touchy
feely PR campaign to try to combat that kind of initiative.

Jim

please reply to: