Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington

Default Surface Grinder

Hi Tony

I reckon I have one of the compatriots of that fly press he was
selling judging from the paint and markings. Sweeney & Blocksidge IIRC,
I bought one from a tool seller out at Westbury some years back and he
had a number that came from a place down near Weston super Mare that
looked just the same with the same white painted numbering.

Tony Ashgrove wrote:

Hi David,
No I missed out on the grinder, which I was thinking of bidding for as
spares, but got a fly press off him.

Tony

David Billington Wrote:

Did you get this off ebay recently from a guy in Bath. Just wondering
as
I wanted to look at it as I was nearby, the guy gave me his number but
was never in when I called and didn't call me back so I didn't bother
bidding.

Tony Ashgrove wrote:

I have an old CAPCO surface grinder that needs TLC. Has anyone
refurbished one? I need to re-machine all the bedways, I have a
Bridgeport Mill, but not confident about how to start the task, any
advice!!!
Also all the protective bellows have perished (originally leather) any
suggestions on what material (available in the UK) I can use to make
new ones!!

Thanks
Tony Ashgrove