Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher

Default Dowsing

Geronimo W. Christ Esq wrote:
Bookworm wrote:
When you cross a water pipe/drain etc
the two rods will start swinging and will cross each other at the point
of water.

This is 100% pure and total bunkum.

If you can do this and prove that it works, you are entitled to a $1m
dollar prize from the James Randi foundation (www.randi.org). The prize
has been available for years, and still no dowsers have stepped up to
claim it.

[the original poster mentioned this word, and I couldn't believe he was
seriously thinking of the silly made-up charming bunkum, so I looked it
up on dictionary.com. Apparently the word means to soak or saturate, so
I assumed he had some other technical reason for mentioning it ..]

The other week there were two guys in our street trying to trace an oil
pipe with hi tech equipment. No deal. I got my rods out and showed them
how to dowse. They got it bang on. They were a bit bemused and I had an
enigmatic smile on my face.

Then you should go for the $1m dollar prize from Randi. Post back and
let us know how you get on. Can I have 10% for letting you know about it ?

Dowsing works, but you can't prove you weren't cheating in a RANDI test.