Posted to uk.d-i-y
Geronimo W. Christ Esq

Default Dowsing

The Medway Handyman wrote:

If he cracks that I'll sell my house & add £200,000 myself.

Hey! I told him first !

... Wikipedia has an article detailing several large-scale experiments
done over the past few decades attempting to prove dowsing. All of them
were failures.

In Randi's tests in 1980 he put ten plastic pipes under the ground, ran
water through one of them and asked the dowsers to say which pipe was
carrying the water - they were only able to tell correctly 11% of the
time (ie they guessed and hit the button a few times). The dowsers
agreed the test conditions prior to the test.