RKurtz

Default Left hand end mill ?

Nice to have when milling round stuff (cnc or rotary table) and the only
clamping is a center bolt. And no, I don't have any.

Why not machine a left-handed clamping bolt ?

Ron

Nothing wrong with that idea aside from the fact that most tool boxes have
few, if any, left hand taps. Michael's reply was right on the money.
Another option is to use the right hand thread and get down VERY hard with
the screw so you overcome the cutting force. That can be risky.

Harold

Yeah, that has worked "both" ways for me. That is why there are words like
risky and maybe. And phrases like I think.....and well, I thought......

michael

Geez, I hate to admit it, but it reminds me of a time when I had to clamp an
irregular shaped piece to the milling table. After using all sorts of step
blocks and clamping bolts, I asked a co-worker if he thought the setup was
rigid enough. His reply?
" If YOU think it is. YOU'RE the one standing near it!"
LMAO.. live and learn,
Ron