Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington

Default Surface Grinder

Thanks for the offer Gunner but I have no plans to visit California
again soon, nothing against it, seemed like a nice place. I don't expect
they were available last time I was there in Downey, LA area late 1970s.

Question for you, would the authorities let a 14 year old wander around
LAX with a Ruger 22 semi auto and a 12g semi auto these days.

Gunner wrote:

On Mon, 01 May 2006 15:51:29 +0100, David Billington
wrote:

Did you get this off ebay recently from a guy in Bath. Just wondering as
I wanted to look at it as I was nearby, the guy gave me his number but
was never in when I called and didn't call me back so I didn't bother
bidding.

Tony Ashgrove wrote:

I have an old CAPCO surface grinder that needs TLC. Has anyone
refurbished one? I need to re-machine all the bedways, I have a
Bridgeport Mill, but not confident about how to start the task, any
advice!!!
Also all the protective bellows have perished (originally leather) any
suggestions on what material (available in the UK) I can use to make
new ones!!

Thanks
Tony Ashgrove

Id be happy as a clam giveing you both Boyer Shults surface grinders.
Ways are actually decent, lead screws are needing replacement.

Now if you can make a road trip to California....

Gunner

"I think this is because of your belief in biological Marxism.
As a genetic communist you feel that noticing behavioural
patterns relating to race would cause a conflict with your belief
in biological Marxism." Big Pete, famous Usenet Racist