Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

Default Dowsing

"Bookworm" wrote in message
oups.com...
Mary Fisher wrote:
Owain mentioned dowsing on the Drain flies thread. I've never heard of
drain
flies!

But has anyone here done dowsing?

Mary

Yes. Dead easy. Get two straight pieces of wire coat hanger and bend
the ends down at right angles for about three inches. Hold the
bent-down ends vertically in the centre of each hand that you 'make a
fist'. do this losely so the rods are free to swing. ( you can cut two
pieces of broomstick about 4" long and drill loose holes for the wires
down the centre and hold these in your fists) With the straight ends of
the wire pointing away from you and your arms fully extended start
walking in the desired direction. When you cross a water pipe/drain etc
the two rods will start swinging and will cross each other at the point
of water.

I know HOW it's done, just wondered if folk here had.

The other week there were two guys in our street trying to trace an oil
pipe with hi tech equipment. No deal. I got my rods out and showed them
how to dowse. They got it bang on. They were a bit bemused and I had an
enigmatic smile on my face.

:-)

Mary