Posted to alt.home.repair
Grumman-581

Default Aux. water tanks

On Mon, 1 May 2006 10:09:37 -0400, "Robert Green"
wrote:

Great URL's - thanks muchly! They seem have everything that will be needed.
The question now is whether to sink a well or not.

Whether you sink a well or not, you'll still need the booster pump and
the storage tank... My previous house had an 1100 ft well, but city
water was available if I so desired... Because of the city's
requirement that you physically come to their office to sign up for
it, I just ran with my well water... I needed it anyway for the 2
geothermal heat pumps... I changed the plumbing around a bit so that I
could have either city or well water feeding the heat pumps, the water
faucets, or even both... Of course, you really didn't want to use city
water for the heat pumps since it would cost too much, but it *could*
have been configured that way by opening and closing a few different
valves if I had so desired...

If you are preparing for a hurricane and you have a well, you can get
by with less water storage capacity *if* you are sure that you will
have fuel for a generator sufficiently large enough to run your well
and booster pumps...