Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave

Default DIYer termite extermination?

Proctologically Violated©® wrote:
Awl--

My understanding is that here in NY, termite baits etc. are not availableto
non-exterminators, but that elsewhere they are.
Anyone have knowledge on this? Mebbe in NJ, CT, PA I could pick up a kit??
Over the web? Is cordane the method of choice? Others??

Any other methods, idears, tips, etc.? Killer ants, mebbe??
[...]

I am about to tear into a possible problem here. I hope it is just
carpenter ants. Obviously the main thing is to make sure there are no
hidden paths from the soil to the wood of the house and that this can
be easily and periodically inspected.