Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green

Default Aux. water tanks

wrote in message
ups.com...
In a pure emergency one needs about 1.5 gallons of water or liquids a
day to live. for drinking only.

hygiene, washing hands etc can take many times that.

When the news says a hurricane or some other weather catastrophe is
approaching we fill the bathtubs with water. The last time that happened we
were able to survive on the bottled water for drinking and tub water for
flushing as well as sponge bathing. You're quite right - hygiene needs
really use up water fast.

I am drilling a well this summer for just this situation, right behind
my home. water grass, plants etc. in a emergency use in home for
hygiene toilet flushing etc.

That's sounding like a better and better idea. Ever since Katrina hit I've
been more than a little concerned about long term emergencies.

always have some bottled water around for drinking in emergency

That's a given for me, although I know plenty of people who don't bother.

--
Bobby G.