Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green

Default Aux. water tanks

"Speedy Jim" wrote in message news:hCa3g.71261

Robert Green wrote:

My friend lives in an area where city water fails when electric power

fails
(at least it has in the past).

What are the options available for single family homes to provide "off

the
grid" water for a few days at least for a family of 3 or 4?

-- Bobby G.

Long thread a few months back about "stocking up" or the like.

I'll look for it.

I'll spare you the long, sad tale but I had a big storage tank
that went bust. I now keep water in 1 Gal water jugs on
shelving in the garage. Rotate the stock and FIFO.

That's what they've been doing but it's a PITA in more ways than one. I
suppose a big tank going bust is a PITA too. I wonder if the make double
hull storage tanks to prevent such mishaps.

--
Bobby G.

Jim