Posted to alt.home.repair
Eddie G

Default lime away/CLR

ameijers wrote:
"Eddie G" wrote in message
(snip)

How about the Lime Away in the washer?

Thanks!!

Eddie

If the feed hoses are clogged, just replace them. They are cheap, and
probably getting mushy anyway. But if they are clogged, so is the faucet
they are hooked to, and everything upstream. No good suggestions to offer,
but you do have my sympathy. Previous owner let the water softener in this
place die, and a lot of the plumbing was limed up bad. I have replaced
softener, and a few fixtures, but pressure is still lousy at the end of the
undersized longer runs.

The clog is in the screen on the washing machine. I can scoop some of
it out with a screwdriver which improves water flow for a while until
it clogs again.