Posted to alt.home.repair
Eddie G

Default lime away/CLR

"John_B" wrote in message
Eddie G wrote:
I have Lime Away...is this the same as CLR? Will it work for Calcium
deposits? From other posts you may remember that I have hard water that

has
caused deposits on my kitchen sink faucet and my washing machine hot

water
hose. I am apprehensive about using the Lime Away because of the

drinking
water from the kitchen and the acid in the washer burning my clothes. I
guess I should run an empty load with no soap in the washer...will one

run
be enough? And for the kitchen sink how long does it have to run to

wash
away the acid so the water is safe to drink?

Thanks!!

Eddie G

Lime Away and CLR are two different products which seem to do the
same thing.

The water delivered to my house has a lot of lime with a dash of
rust from the iron ore in this area. I often use "white vinegar"
to dissolve the lime encrusted on faucets.

I put some vinegar in the part of the spigot...the handle that pulls out...I
unscrewed it and poured a drop of vinegar in it where the deposits are and
let it sit overnight, but the deposits did not dissolve away. (I did this
last week).

How about the Lime Away in the washer?

Thanks!!

Eddie