Posted to alt.home.repair
Eddie G

Default lime away/CLR

I have Lime Away...is this the same as CLR? Will it work for Calcium
deposits? From other posts you may remember that I have hard water that has
caused deposits on my kitchen sink faucet and my washing machine hot water
hose. I am apprehensive about using the Lime Away because of the drinking
water from the kitchen and the acid in the washer burning my clothes. I
guess I should run an empty load with no soap in the washer...will one run
be enough? And for the kitchen sink how long does it have to run to wash
away the acid so the water is safe to drink?

Thanks!!

Eddie G