Posted to alt.home.repair
ameijers

Default Cut hole in cement block load bearing wall for window A/C?

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. ..

"bill allemann" wrote in message
. net...
aside from a lintle, you should also consider the width of the wall, and
how that will affect the air movement in the ac housing.
when they are window mounted, there are narrow window frames/sills for

the
ac to rest on, giving some space for air flow.
you may need to add similar structure for air flow.

I had to read your post a couple of times to understand. I think you mean
the wall thickness. You don't want to block the side vents in the case of
the AC unit.

Not a problem- you just buy a 'wall-through' unit, rather than a window
unit. And for service, the guts slide out without breaking the weather seal
on the casing.

aem sends...