Posted to rec.woodworking
David Merrill

Default Free Version Of Sketchup

And why not? Here's a start:
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...?q=woodworking

I am posting a couple of jpeg's of a 3D solid model of my very crowded
workshop-in-the-works to abpw. This model can be rotated and viewed from
all angles, solid or semi-transparent, as shown. Different configurations
can be created with relative ease. It was a lot of work drawing everything
from scratch but I am making major changes in shop layout, routing of
electrical circuits, designing multi-function workstations, etc as a result.
I used the (formerly free) Pro/Desktop program from PTC for this exercise.

David Merrill

"RicodJour" wrote in message
oups.com...
John L. Poole wrote:

I've been studying this program for a few hours and am beginning to
think this rocks... Thank you Google! Now, we just have to hope for
tool manufacturers to offer 3D files of their products so that we can
integrate them into SketchUp designs --- this already is happening in
the professional realm. Would it be nifty if Lee Valley starting
offering 3D files of what it sells.

Oh, sure. That's just what I need. CAD dream tools to go in my CAD
dream shop. Well, at least it would be 3D...