Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

Default DIY Fitting Gas Combi (condensing?) Boiler

In article ,
nemo wrote:
Unless you're CORGI qualified, I believe it's a criminal offence under
the Gas Act 1969 to fit your own gas appliances.

You believe wrong.

I'm not sure, but you may be able to do the job if you undertake to have
it inspected afterwards. This might be what the HSE website meant.

Check with CORGI first just in case.

http://www.corgi-gas-safety.com/

The notes on DIY on thus site is written in an ambiguous way. It implies
it may be illegal to DIY in your own house but doesn't actually say so.
Exactly what you'd expect of a paid for trade body trying to protect their
income.

You may work on gas pipework and appliances in your own home if you are
competent to do so. You are not allowed by law to do this for reward
unless a member of an approved body.

--
*Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.