Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Dehumidifier fan motor too expensive

"Rufus14o58" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I have a $250 Gibson dehumidifier that just lost it's fan motor. I
figured I'd fix it myself and then find out that tiny little fan motor
costs $125. What's so special about this little motor?? Half the
value of the entire unit?

Not worth fixing..... I guess I'm just venting - sorry.

Northing special about it, but they can charge what they want to. You can
often find motors at other sources, such as www.grainger.com or
www.repairclinic.com Gibson is made by Frigidaire If it is a proprietary
motor the seller can gouge you as they see fit. Half the cost is cheap if
the unit is relatively new, expensive if it is five or more years old since
it may die of other causes soon anyway.