Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis

Default Ideas for Wood Cremation Urns

On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 08:29:35 -0400, JGS wrote:

Hi,
I am looking for information on cremation urns. I plan on making one
for my future use ( a long time from now, I hope) out of wood. I know
they are sized at about 1 cu.in. / pound of person. Do they require a
liner or are they just a fancy box? I have Doug Stowe's books on box
making so I have a lot of ideas for boxes. Ideas and suggestions are
appreciated. Thanks, JG

It would probably depend on what state you're in and the state/county/city
laws..

In CA, we found that the ashes have to be in a sealed metal container, done at
the crematorium, then placed in whatever container you put around that..

If you're thinking of turning an urn, Check out this section of Bill Grumbine's
site:

http://www.enter.net/~ultradad/urn.html

Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis