Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Robert Swinney

Default OT sudden back pain

" * " has been heard from again . The use of a punctuation mark for a
handle begs the question: Why? Does it indidcate a footmark, perhaps,
denoting an embarrasingly low IQ? Oh!, I know. Spam avoidance.

Bob Swinney

"*" wrote in message

Ignoramus21303 wrote in article

Two questions......

1.) Does the pain seem to radiate down the leg?

2.) Do you carry a rather thick wallet in the rear pocket on that side?

If the answer to both is "yes", then you MAY have pinched a sciatic nerve.

I used to do it all the time to my left side - which happened to be the
side I carried my wallet on.

Doctor explained that the wallet usually sits over the sciatic nerve in
the
back pocket and irritates it.

Everything that has been recommended - prescription muscle relaxants (I
use
Norflex), pain killers such as Acetminophen or Ibuprofen, and heat -
coupled with time - all help

I fixed the wallet problem by moving it to a side pocket, but my sciatica
has returned with a narrowing of my spinal column at the L-5 - aka "Spinal
Stenosis" - which puts pressure on the same sciatic nerve, so I'm having
an
occasional attack of sciatica when I don't bend and stand "just right."