jim rozen

Default The Maytag Man came by today

In article , Harold & Susan Vordos says...

... All of us
should be ashamed of ourselves for the greed and indifference we have
displayed in our ME FIRST society, with our exorbitant wages and low
quality. Heavy sigh!

I think this is a continuation of 'all the jobs are going
overseas' thread. The conclusion there was, it's not any
moral failing on the part of the american workers, but
rather the 1/20th factor - any job in china is accomplished
for a wage that is lower than an american doing that job
in america, by a factor of *twenty*.

Who should be ashamed? How about the excecutives at
Wal-Mart, who are hiring illegals and not paying taxes,
SS, or worker's comp on their pay.

When I hear about stuff like that it makes me ashamed.
Then I think that those folks should unionize and go on
strike.

I don't think the present labor pickle can be solved
by a collective finger-shaking. It's going to be
tougher than that!

Jim

please reply to: