Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default lawnmower help

SeaKan wrote:
I may buy a Lawnboy mower that has rear-wheel drive. how does the Toro
Personal pace compare? are there any drawbacks to self propel
mowers? do they take getting used to? i don't mind a push
mower....just would like to take some of the exertion off. i could
go either way on the lawn size.....but my backyard has some
obstaclese to go around. advice?

Not many of us have experience with different brands nor different
models of the same brand.

I can say that in general a rear drive will have better traction, but
will be a little harder to maneuver. With a front wheel drive you just push
down on the handle a little and the drive wheels are off the ground

You might want to check out the recent issues of Consumer reports, They
usually do a story on them in the early spring. You local library should
have the back copies.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit