Posted to rec.woodworking
Tex

Default glue squeeze out

In article , George@least says...

"Tex" wrote in message
et...
I've found the wet rag approach to work much better than anything else
I've tried. However, I almost invariably find I failed to get all the
glue from some part (usually small) of the surface.

Does anyone have a way to test that ALL the glue has been removed before
it sets up enough to hamper stain absorption?

Sure, do what woodworkers have done for ages. Wipe with some mineral
spirits - something which is not water-soluble - and the remainder will
reveal itself.

Thanks. I've been building and staining for years and fighting/dreading
the occasional leftover glue splotch. I never ran across using mineral
spirits as a tattle tale before -- my sheltered life, I guess. :-)

Will the mineral spirits affect staining later? If any glue shows up,
can I go back to water and get if off?