Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Drackman

Default Clear Douglas Fir ???

"dadiOH" wrote in message
news:AAv4g.10$g01.5@trnddc01...
Dennis Johnson wrote:
Built some outside flower planter boxes 15 years ago out of Clear
Douglas Fir and time and weather have finally taken their toll. Went
to the borg looking for more CDF and there wasn't any. Called a few
lumber yards and they had none but might be able to order some. I
always thought of it as a great utility wood for outdoor things that
I wanted to last and look nice.

I have since switched to cypress and know that this will be great. But
I'm still wondering what happened to CDF. Any ideas ??

It's still around. Bought some at Home Depot a couple of months ago.
Expensive though...at least in Florida.

--

I am really lucky I had a guy with a band mill come to my property and mill
up about 2,000 Bf of douglas fir. Not all was clear, but the nice stuff was