Posted to rec.woodworking
eclipsme

Default Free Version Of Sketchup

Robert Bonomi wrote:
In article ,
alexy wrote:

"damian penney" wrote:

Google bought the folks that write Sketchup, a tool many of us here use
for mocking up our designs and many more would like to if it wasn't so
expensive.
That's me. couldn't justify the cost for my hobby use, and have been
harding my 8 hours of trial time, waiting for the best use of it.

^^^^^^^

Make that "hoarding", of course!

AH! And I figured you just weren't using it for any softwood projects.

*snicker*

I looked at this to download as a result of this thread, and yes, it
looks like a cool program. But reading the license agreement points out
that google requires you to allow the program to phone home for updates.
It also maintains a unique program identifier that allows google to
track whatever they have programed into it to track, though they do say
that personal information is not tracked. Google seems to be going that
way. I don't like automatic updates in general, or programs that use my
internet connection without my knowledge or consent.

Must admit though, this program does tempt me.

Harvey