Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield

Default DIY Fitting Gas Combi (condensing?) Boiler

tonyjeffs submitted this idea :
How big & intrusive is the plume from a condensing boiler? I've never
seen one in action.
I will fit it as close as allowed to eaves level (first floor), so that
should help keep the plume at bay.

The plume will depend upon the weather, as in the the outdoor
temperature and humidity - just like a cold car engine exhaust in
winter. Talking of which, the sizes of the two are quite similar.

Our opposite neighbour had one fitted recently and in cold sunny
weather I saw the plume reflected in the TV screen. I at first thought
the house had caught fire.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)