Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Nick Müller

Default Coldsaw vs. Metal-cutting saw?

Dave wrote:

Can someone who has experience with coldsaws please explain how these
differ in performance and blade lifespan (cost effectiveness) compared
to true coldsaws?

In the steel construction company where I worked, we had only "real"
cold saws. All were Eisele. I'd like to have one of these! Fast,
accurate and clean cuts. Not comparable to bandsaws or those high rev
saws that make lots of nasty burrs and noise. If you cut steel in packs
(to save time) the burrs melt together and you have to toss things
apart. Crap in my eyes.

Lifespan of blades? Don't know. They were reground when dull, but I
don't remember how often that was. Once a month? With heavy use.

Nick
--
Motor Modelle // Engine Models
http://www.motor-manufaktur.de