Posted to rec.woodworking

Default glue squeeze out

In article ,
Leon wrote:

wrote in message
In article ,
mark wrote:

However, using a "damp" sponge or rag will surely
not work. If you are going to remove the squeeze out with a rag or
sponge, it has to be WET, almost soaking WET, and you have to SCRUB at
the glue, or wou will have the staining problems you describe.

Not so or I have been very lucky for the last 28 years. I use a wet rag 95%
of the time, even with red oak, and have no problems at all.

I think we agree here... i.e. you cant just take a damp rag and wipe
it over the glue. It has to be a WET rag, wet enough to get all the
glue off of the surface.
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland