Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete

Default sudden back pain

Another two cents worth!
As most of us age we tend to reduce our consumption of dairy products ,
quite often due to lactose intolerance.This one item has not been mentioned
yet there is a simple and effective way to reduce the muscle spasms that are
associated with aging and calcium deficiencies due to diet. These spasms
are a catch 22 proposition since as we age lactose intolerance becomes more
prevalent therefore we reduce one of our main sources of dietary calcium and
generally our muscle tone diminishes as well. To combat this and to avoid
muscle cramping you need to increase your calcium intake , but just taking
calcium will not serve the purpose alone . You must take a calcium
supplement that has magnesium with it or the calcium will not be absorbed by
the body. If your diet does not supply enough absorbable calcium the body
will start depleting the calcium reserves from your bones and you will
eventually end up with osteoporosis and spasms.

As a side bar comment anyone working with lead / zinc ( welders especially)
should never allow their bodies to end up in a calcium deficient state since
the body will start storing lead in the bone structure a little bit at a
time where the calcium should be. When your body has a severe demand for
calcium the stored lead will cause lead poisoning. Your next stop will be
cleation.

Pete

"Ignoramus21303" wrote in message
Something strange happened yesterday. I was riding a bicycle, along
with my son also riding his tricycle. He finally got tired and asked
me to carry his bike home, which I did by riding my own bike with his
tricycle in my right hand.

So far so good.

Then, as I arrived home, still sitting on my bicycle, I leaned to set
his tricycle on the ground. As I did that, I had sudden back pain and
it is not going away. I have hard times bending in a certain way and
walk with a funny gait.

What could this be and should I be worried?

thanks