Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Bill

Default sabre scalloped fence

ahhh...worked like a charm, thank you very much.

"Kyle Boatright" wrote in message

"Bill" wrote in message
anyone know how to do the scallops on sabre scalloped fences? -with
spaced pickets

such as he http://www.elyriafence.com/RR3.html

thanks

I've seen it done using a small diameter piece of PVC pipe. Put nails at
the high point of your scallop, and one at the low point, trace the line,
and cut to match. Alternately, draw a template of a scallop you like on a
thin piece of something (luan plywood would be a decent choice), then tack
it to the fence, trace the line, and cut on the line. Surprisingly, I've
seen the cut made with a small circular saw, more or less forcing the
blade around the curve. I'm sure a jigsaw would be a bit slower, but it
would be less of a brute force approach.

KB