Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Bill

Default sabre scalloped fence

anyone know how to do the scallops on sabre scalloped fences? -with spaced
pickets

such as he http://www.elyriafence.com/RR3.html

thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Tim and Steph

Ayuh....

Thin, flexy stick (Yardstick'll do, but thinner would be better). Secure at
each end (clamps, couple of nails, whatever) pull down to a known depth,
whatever suits your fancy. (e.g. 8" for a 4' span) Mark with marking tool
of your choice. Cut with jigsaw or other favorite motorized or non
motorized cutting tool.

Don't forget to cut your stick a decent percentage longer than the span
you'll be marking.

"Bill" wrote in message
anyone know how to do the scallops on sabre scalloped fences? -with spaced
pickets

such as he http://www.elyriafence.com/RR3.html

thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Kyle Boatright

"Bill" wrote in message
anyone know how to do the scallops on sabre scalloped fences? -with spaced
pickets

such as he http://www.elyriafence.com/RR3.html

thanks

I've seen it done using a small diameter piece of PVC pipe. Put nails at
the high point of your scallop, and one at the low point, trace the line,
and cut to match. Alternately, draw a template of a scallop you like on a
thin piece of something (luan plywood would be a decent choice), then tack
it to the fence, trace the line, and cut on the line. Surprisingly, I've
seen the cut made with a small circular saw, more or less forcing the blade
around the curve. I'm sure a jigsaw would be a bit slower, but it would be
less of a brute force approach.

KB

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Gooey TARBALLS

I bought a Dewalt barrel type jig saw and can attest to its aggressive
cutting ability. Since, I've move to a similar SEARS model (the cast foot on
the Dewalt cracked!) and find it does as good a job. Years ago I cut some pt
fence slats to make a pineapple design in the voids. I used a little saber
saw to cut some forty pattern cuts and I can attest to the "world of
difference" between it and the $169 De Walt.

sabre scalloped fence Bill Woodworking 5 April 28th 06 03:53 AM
LV jointer plane fence is too tall for me David Woodworking 0 December 3rd 05 08:16 PM
Excalibur sliding table help needed max Woodworking 8 February 3rd 05 04:09 PM
Ping - Leon (Trials and Tribulations of Finding an Accurate Fence) Bob Woodworking 2 June 28th 04 09:52 PM
Jet TS fence query john moorhead Woodworking 8 November 15th 03 03:49 PM